Need Urgent help with recovering files

jamesk3095

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

quite ironic actually that i was convincing setishock that my hard drives weren' t gonna overheat and that they were fine one of them broke lol!. well it happened that one of them did break but i think it was unrelated though as the drive was old and has been making a horrible sound for quite some time so it was eventually gonna die. well i made a backup using windows backup a few days before it happened then saved it onto a different drive, but after i reinstalled windows how do i recover these files from the backup? it is saying that there are no backups on this computer in the restore files control panel thing.

Just incase it matters my set up was
2 300gb seagates in raid 0 with os on it
1 500gb wd green with backup on it

the hdd that broke was the seagate in raid 0.
just then i reinstalled windows on my wd green so i can hopefully recover the files.

so how should i restore these files, any ideas are welcome as i need them urgently is possible

Have you got a Linux boot disk? If you haven't just download it from E.G. Ubuntu . com then make a bootable disk with the iso you have. Once you've done that, put it in your cd drive boot off it, then it will come up as a new OS just running off the cd. Then you can see all your HDDs and use a USB interface to copy any files. This is if your familiar with Linux. However if you reinstalled windows on your WD green didn't that format your HDD!? If so you may have to look further...

well, if i go into the drive which is now the c drive and go into c/james-pc/backup files there is the backup data there but in zip folders labeled backup files 1,2,3 etc all the way to 483, so the data is there i just can't "restore" it

sorry, im using vista home permium 32bit.....

yeah,,
when i go into the restore thing it tries to find it itself it doesnt let me choose the folder

Back
Top Bottom