Need help with recording of Sirius music to CD

marchboom

Beta member
I am using Windows 7 and want to record Sirius channel music from TV (Dish satellite) to the computer. I then want to transfer that to a CD disc to use in the car CD player.

I found the Sound Recorder in Windows and made a trial recording to the computer.

Do I need any other programs to burn this file to a CD disc? Will this work in a car CD player?

Thanks

Assuming you are talking about capturing streaming audio, there are several products available besides Windows default Sound Recorder. Such as Audacity, which is lot more powerful, and free too.

As for recording, you can use any disk burning software (Nero, AShampoo, etc.) to burn the audio file into a CD. If you want to transfer the song(s) to an iPod or flash drive, you don't need any burning software, just drag and drop will work. As for the file format of the songs, if your car has mp3 playing capability, burn/transfer the audio files as mp3. But if you have an older car, and you wish to play the songs in the car's CD player, then you need to burn the songs as wav files, which would play anywhere.

Hope, this helps.

Wen I got Audacity, the setting were low, including in mono -- I ha to do a lot of adjusting. Don't assume, anybody who's getting Audacity, that it's ready rigt out of the bag.

Thanks for the info.

I tried recording SiriusXM music from the TV by plugging into the headphone jack on the front of the TV and then into the "line in" plug on the computer. I used the Windows 7 Sound Recorder and it recorded fine...except for a hum in the background. Am I doing something wrong or should I be using a different method to do the recording?

Hum is probably coming from a ground loop or a faulty connection between tv/recording device

Back
Top Bottom