Need help partitioning hard drive

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
I need to partition my hard drive to dual boot windows xp and ubuntu, but i dont know how.

Do i have to partition my hard drive right now, then go and put in the ubuntu disk and install to that to the partitioned area?

When you put in the ubuntu disk, all you will have to do it load it from your boot loader. Then hit install and follow the steps. Ubuntu has its own partition manager, so you won't have to worry about that. Just resize the partition that you already have, then you can install Ubuntu. I would give yourself about 20Gbs if you have the space, but 10Gb will work fine, too. That way you can install a lot of stuff without runnings out of room.

Cheers!

i told you what to do on the other thread :p
how did you make another 30gb partition?

I think that he is talking about the partition manager. SO you now have 2 partitions, i am guessing? Did you get rid of the partition with your windows OS on it? I am not sure what you are getting at?!

Thanks everyone for you help but i finally figured it out (sort of) and im now dual booting my pc so basically everything is taken care of for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom