MS Word 2010 Translation stopped working

berns

Beta member
Hi, this is my first post.
My one year old computer worked fine translating Engish to German and reverse. then stopped. Had purchased the MS German language pack dictionary etc.
Like this function when translating a SINGLE word. For larger sections I use Google translate online.
My settings must have been corrupted. have researched online and checked settings and installations best I could and they all appear to be correct .. but it's still not working.
the message I get is: The server could not respond, the service might not be installed, etc.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
berns

I just gave it a try, and the server is responding.

Could it be a network problem?

If it's not connected to the Internet, it's not going to work.

The way it works is by sending in the text on Word document to one of Microsoft's servers, and have the translation done on-line by a service very similar to Google Translate.

So if your desktop is "off-line," you won't be able to send in the text for the translation.

Not sure I understand. Of course I am connected to the internet, but ... this feature worked fine on my computer up to a few month ago. When translating a SINGLE word, it draws on it's dictionary in the datatbase - even when not connected to the internet.
I used to highlight the word in MSWord 10, then rightclick and select 'translate' then make sure it showed to the right option (English to German) and it would show the properly translated word.
Now I just get this message:
The service could not respond. The service may not be installed. Running repair may help. If this problem persists, repair your product from within the Control Panel.
I have tried above the 'repair' but so far no success.

Back
Top Bottom