Microsoft office 2007

Helen E.

Solid State Member
:confused:
Due to a major problem my laptop had to be turned back to its original settings on its day of purchase. It is now up and running again but when I try to open up my Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 programme I am prompted to type in the 25-character product key code. This I do, but then immediately get a message saying it is the wrong code. Can anyone help me with this problem please? Thanks. Helen E.

Either that or just scrap it and download OpenOffice for free and use that. It supports more functions than the Student version of Office anyway...

call Microsoft. It's probably thinking its getting installed more than once

THANKS. I'VE TRIED CONTACTING MICROSOFT BY PHONE AND E-MAIL WITHOUT SUCCESS BEFORE I DECIDED TO TRY THIS FORUM. IT HAD CROSSED MY MIND IT MIGHT THINK IT WAS BEING INSTALLED AGAIN. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION.
Helen E.

Thanks for your suggestion. Will have a look at openoffice (hadn't heard of it before). Will give it a try if i can't get my current programme to work. I've got stuff on it which i'd have to completely re-do - should have backed it up, i know. Helen 3.

Besides OpenOffice, there is also LibreOffice and even Google Docs that all have the capability of reading/writing MS compatible documents and are all free.

To Strollin - thanks for this. Will have a look at these although I still would like to have the Microsoft Office problem resolved. It cost a fair amount of money for the software two years ago and I really don't want to discard it if there is any way of getting it sorted out. Appreciate your help though. Helen E.

Before you start exploring unknown territory... do you get the activation pop-up? You should be able to choose activate by telephone, choose your country and then call a specific number for the activation code.

Hi iPwn, thanks for your input. I don't know if the message that appears is an Activation Pop Up or not! It's a window that asks me to enter the 25 character product key code. There's nowhere for me to do anything else like "select activate by telephone". I'm well and truly stuck! Helen E.

I assume that this copy of Office came with the laptop. If you still have the documentation that came with it, you should have the Key in a little pamphlet style document... it should be orange and white.

No, it didn't come with the laptop. I tried the free 60 day trial before purchasing and downloading the software online. The e-mail receipt I got from Microsoft had the product key code on it and it is that code which I type in when opening the programme and which they say is incorrect. Helen E.

Back
Top Bottom