Making programs from previous install work on new install.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
So...I have a pc with 3 hard drives in it: 1 10K rpm 70gb, 1 7200 rpm 160gb and 1 7200 rpm 700gb. I had the os installed on the little 10k one and all my programs, data and what not installed on the other 2.

Well...I had to reinstall windows and I'm wondering if there is a way to make all the programs that are still installed on the other 2 drives work without reinstalling all of it?

Thanks!

I have never been able to make that work. The problem is most programs require registry entries to work properly and those went away with the old windows install.

Exactly. This I know. There has to be a utility or something that can repair programs like that. Grrr...

Definitely will!

Honestly, I'm hoping that one of my system image backups work and put me back to a couple days ago. But, to get the win installer to format the os drive I had to unplug all of the others. I plugged them back in and started it up and windows wanted to scan them...it's been scanning for at LEAST three and a half hrs now. When it's done, I'm gunna try to restore a backup and hope for the best.

My system image worked so I'm back up and running. Thanks for all help!

Back
Top Bottom