Mac OS on Windows PC

Yasu

Solid State Member
I have a PC with Windows 7.Is it possible to load the latest Mac OS onto this computer.Thank you

Can't do it. Not legally, and not without a lot of help to the contrary. Apple has made the Mac OS exclusive to their hardware. There are hacks and mods out there that make it possible, but not something we can discuss on this forum without getting folks in trouble.

Can't do it. Not legally, and not without a lot of help to the contrary. Apple has made the Mac OS exclusive to their hardware. There are hacks and mods out there that make it possible, but not something we can discuss on this forum without getting folks in trouble.

I believe the only thing illegal about it is actually downloading the OS, I don't believe the hacks are illegal. I'll let the mods decide that one though.
Also, it's only compatible with certain hardware. Last I heard, they made it compatible with a wider selection of motherboards/processors, but the way I understand it it's still selective.

No, I wasn't saying that you were wrong about downloading it being illegal, sorry for the confusion :S shoulda bolded the word "only" in the quote. My understanding is part of the license agreement is stating that you have to have the OS installed on an Apple device. That would imply that the act of even getting it to work on a PC is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom