Lost favorites and E-Mail folders.

BML

Beta member
A few days ago I switched the computer on. The two small boxes appeared on the desktop as normal. The one on the right had my initials which I normally used to open up and one on the left was marked “Administrator which I never touched. The problem was that most of the desktop icons were absent. I then clicked on to “Start” looking for “Documents” but that folder was absent as well.
I could access the Web because that icon was still present as were my favourites.
I could only access Windows Live Mail through, Start and all programs but it was there with its entire folder.
I then discovered by accident that if I attempted to open the computer up by clicking onto the “Administrator” box everything came back. However, I read that to do that could create a problem so I asked someone to sort it out and they did so by copying everything under “Administrator” onto the box with my initials and it looked good.
However, although I can open Google there are no favourites and I have no idea how to get them back. I then opened Windows Live Mail and found that all of the folders on the left of the desktop were gone and I have no idea how to get them back.

It's obviously an profile issue and you could just copy and paste them into the right profile. But with that attitude you can pretty much forget about any help from anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom