Looking for software to fix and speed up my computer

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
Over the last year or so Ive been doing alot on my laptop that I dont always pay attention to, since then my computer has taken a sharp turn to the slow side and Ive been having trouble getting it back to speed, if possible I would rather not reinstall windows and have to reinstall all of my important programs. I installed Ccleaner and ran the tools they have and also made sure I stopped the majority of the startup programs that helped with the slow down, now im just trying to get the rest of the computer up to speed and stop the lag it now has.

http://www.yamicsoft.com/windows7manager/

Absolutely the best software I've found thus far for Windows 7 management and optimization. You have to pay for the software, but you can download a Trial, run the Optimization wizard once and that should make some lasting changes to your computer. From there you can uninstall and then just use CCleaner as a maintenance program for registry maintenance and temp file cleanup.

If that doesn't make a difference, you need to reinstall your OS, then make a baseline image of the OS and installed programs/favorites/etc. I suggest using Clonezilla and the local drive for ripping/restoring an image to/from your PC. You'll need a drive besides the root C: to store the image. May I suggest making an additional partition from your root drive to house needed data, etc?
Here's a guide on doing just that.

In addition to CCleaner you can also try MalwareBytes AntiMalware for spyware removal and (assuming you don't have any anti-virus software) AVG Free Antivirus or Microsoft Security Essentials (pick one - not both) for AntiVirus software.

Back
Top Bottom