Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh LK answer please

PV comes out next year thats 64 bit

ill save for Longhorn and Pentium 5

I wouldn't be too concerned about Longhorn...It's still a long time alway. I know they advertised somewhere in the next year, but lately i've been hearing about it being somewhere in the next 4 years....

Longhorn is already designed in the 64bit realm, so whenever it is release, it'll naturally contain all 64bit applications (aswell as 64bit Blue Screens Of Death).....

It almost ceertainly will. Whether it will only run on 64-bit machines is guesswork - they've only really made plans for the chip future in that Dual Processor Computers will be licenced as single processor computers in the Windows Licencing Scheme... so?

It will be out early 2006, at most Mid but likely Early. A bit far off to be planning much in the way of computers unless you're planning on using Beta 2 releases when they come out Late 2005?

My best guess would be it will only run on 64-bit machines. Whether it has 64-bit apps on it; it will most certainly have them. There will almost undoubtedly be a 32-bit version if there is a 64-bit only version; so it doesn't matter eitherway.

by the time its out i expect most people to have pentium 5 anyway

i dont see amd lasting much longer when PV comes out

so anyway meaning most people will have 64 bit technology unless they lyve they stone age machines

P5? Ugh. Pentium sucks. No way in hell would I get one. I'm sticking to AMD.

And besides there is the Windows 2003 64-bit BETA edition and I'm using it, it is just fine. It is out now too.

You are so wrong and ridiculous. There is no way they will go under. You'll continue to be wrong and you continue to stick with slower pentiums. You don't know anything about economics or business. AMD is doing the same thing Rockefeller did.. that's a winning business model. No wonder why you are so deluded.. you actually think Intel will get a winning CPU out.. it won't. The PV will suck.

correct. Lets hope the intel fan boys dont rush this thread *rolls eyes*

Giancarlo said:
You are so wrong and ridiculous. There is no way they will go under. You'll continue to be wrong and you continue to stick with slower pentiums. You don't know anything about economics or business. AMD is doing the same thing Rockefeller did.. that's a winning business model. No wonder why you are so deluded.. you actually think Intel will get a winning CPU out.. it won't. The PV will suck.
The funny thing is of course - Rockafeller is nothing about Processors, the Power of a Processor is nothing to do with Economics, and public love of a Processor rarely has much to do with Business beyond Advertising.

Hence; although AMD won't go down because they make very good Military Processors, and have lots of money and supporters. They could be beaten by Intel as they have, and are being at the moment. In power especially, and not in gaming only by a faint edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom