mykul

Baseband Member
Ok i was running my anti virus scan, it picked up a few things, so i just deleted them, these things were lying in folders like local settings/**/temp or local settings/**/temporary internet files

now anyway, i went out left the comp on, mum decides to turn it off... (while it was still in the process of scanning)

anyway i turn it back on now and when it gets to the log in screen (windows xp) all i get is a black screen with just the mouse. the mouse moves but i cannot log in or anything..

happens in safe mode aswell

i made a system restore checkpoint a few days ago, is there any way i can get to system restore without having to log in. cause right now it seems that there is no way i will be able to log in at all..

before i decided to do the anti virus run, i had used hi jack this, and deleted some harmful things via hijhackthis.de, i also used pandasecurity.com active scan 2, which picked up quite a few things before using and updating my current av, avast.

my comp was in not great shape before it buckled, i could not run any anti spyware/malware program, as i would just not simply open, and my browser kept getting hijacked/

thats just the background info if it helps at all, but the main thing now is i just want to get to my files back up and restore/format.

are there people out there that can extract files outta my harddrive in its state right now. everything boots up fine, just when i get to the log-in, its a black screen with only the mouse functioning.

Back
Top Bottom