Learning Vista

ericent

Solid State Member
My Grandmother just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. Its a nice laptop and she got a deal on it. However, even though my Grandmother does and will use it, she hates to learn new stuff. She says she does, but she doesn't. Unless something new is so easy that a monkey can do it she turns away from it. When I setup her e-mail account it took at max about 6-min. Her response to this was that if it took 6-min to do something like that she didn't have the time to mess with it. Now she is wanting to able to make fancy scrapbooks and greeting cards, but i keep telling her she needs to learn the basics first. She doesn't even know how to get to games let alone make fancy custom greeting cards. So my question to you guys is this. What is probably the best and easiest learning software or book about Vista that she can get?

This may sound like a dumb thing, but the "For Dumbies" series is great for computers. That is where i started to get my basics. I saw a "Vista For Dumbies" at Target the other day, so i'm assuming all major book stores will have it.

I use a book called vista inside and out, it might be a bit technical tho.

If its technical it will be at the bottom of my grandmother's magazine pile in 2 weeks. Dumbies would probably be best.

What about those CDs that the bald man advertises on TV? Does he have one for Vista?

Well, as she is a probably quite old it may take some time. If you where young it doesn't take long. The easiest way to learn for me is to just explore vista. Just take some time off and took at everything it has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom