LBA help

abfan123

Solid State Member
i have an IBM Aptiva E Series 595

i am trying to install Windows 98 but i dont have the recovery CD. when i start the setup through my own Windows 98 CD, it does the routine check then it says that the hard-drive is either a non-LBA or your BIOS are setup wrong. when i went to the bios it was set perfectly fine.

I NEED HELP!!!

if i can get a new Recovery CD please let me know how because im out of service. try my AIM @ abfan321

Have you asked the manufacturer of the Computer - I realise the guarantee would have run out by now but you may be able to get one off them.

the warranty has been run out for about two years, but i'm not sure if i can. but i will try to get the cd. first email then telephone

Thanks for the advice

nah, no real reason to try e-mail, go straight on phone - for some oxymoron reason helplines - especially computer ones - are crap on e-mail!

Lord Kalthorn said:
nah, no real reason to try e-mail, go straight on phone - for some oxymoron reason helplines - especially computer ones - are crap on e-mail!

That's because, now, 99% of the support emails you recieve are automated - you mention something like "Windows 98" in an email sent to Dell, and you'll recieve a 2 page long email giving you the history of Windows 98 and it's faults, and how XP would be better to use - and the email won't even touch on how to fix your problem.

Rocker said:
That's because, now, 99% of the support emails you recieve are automated - you mention something like "Windows 98" in an email sent to Dell, and you'll recieve a 2 page long email giving you the history of Windows 98 and it's faults, and how XP would be better to use - and the email won't even touch on how to fix your problem.
And if you call them, you get forwarded to china!

Back
Top Bottom