Large Unknown File

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever come across a file called "Reserved.DynamicUpdate" before? I have it in C:\$Windows.~BT\DUDownload\GDRDUUpdates\ and it's a whopping 50Gb?

Obviously if it's no use I wan't rid as that's quite a chunk of HDD space it's taking. But I'm not sure what it is? Also google doesn't seem to know too much about it either.

Ahhh it could be my update to Windows 8.1?

I tried to update from 8 to 8.1 and it crashed and didn't work, and still won't work now so perhaps that's the file?

Wow, for an update that is huge. Man 50 gigs....ouch !!

When i do updates to a OS, i usually just do the critical updates and most security updates.

Wow, for an update that is huge. Man 50 gigs....ouch !!

When i do updates to a OS, i usually just do the critical updates and most security updates.

Yeah it is a lot? I'm not entirely convinced that's what it is but it's all I could think of.

Also It's not so much an update as it is a service pack.

50GB for a while OS is big let alone an update or service pack.

I have to say that I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with Windows.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

I would create a restore point then see about deleting the 50 gig files. if infact it is a service pack wich i don't think it is. service packs are not that big.

after the system restore point is made, boot up to safe mode, then delete the 50 gigs of files.

Yeah I haven't deleted it yet, still contemplating . . .
My Laptop is my work at the minute and I know it shouldn't do any harm but if anything goes wrong them I lose money.

Back
Top Bottom