Laptop wont work....HELP!!

blake1200laptop

Beta member
i dont know what thread this would go in cause im new to this site but i have a Compaq Presario 1200-xl118 and it wont work. It has power and the cd-rom drive work and hard drive kicks on, but the fans and screen will not come on. What could be causing this? Thank for help!

Did you try pluggin the laptop into an external moniter? If this works, it is the onboard video on the motherboard or the lcd is bad. You can also try removing the battery for about 15 minutes to attempt to clear the bios(works on some laptops, not all) or you could open the laptop up partially and look fora battery. In both cases take the battery out and put it back in after 15-30 minutes.

You stated that the fans weren't moving... this is most certainly motherboard problem or the fans got disconnected somehow. Best bet is to open it up and make sure everything looks connected and try the above. Post back if the problem persists.

i looked at all the connections and eveything seems to be fine. the laptop did not come with a battery. I have a power cord for it. i was thinking about buyin the same model laptop with a busted screen that works and puttin my screen on it. Would that work??

Back
Top Bottom