Laptop Clicks and shuts off

Clarence

In Runtime
I have this laptop when I press the power botton for the first time at boot it would power on ( the indicator lights up and i would hear a click (no beep code) and just shuts off with nothing on the screen. I remove the battery - hold down the power button for a couple of seconds and the same issue occurs over and over to no avail.

I have eliminated that its an HDD problem since there is no POST/Bios boot screen. Couild it be the RAM or the board has failed?

Take the battery, DVD drive and HDD out the laptop. Try to boot the machine.

Also, have you ruled out the power supply/charger? Try using another if you have one lying around. The DC Jack could also be damaged, if there excess movement when you wiggle the power cable when it's plugged into the laptop? Does the charge indicator come on or does it flash/not show?

Are you sure the PC is turning off, or is it just the screen not coming on? Can you hear/feel the hard drive spinning? Does the DVD open when you click the eject button?

I've tried changing the power adapter and I'm certain that's not the problem. It cannot be the HD either because I would have seen the boot screen at least. The DC port seems fine. I want to rule down to the cpu since from my online research and so on ....

I've tried changing the power adapter and I'm certain that's not the problem. It cannot be the HD either because I would have seen the boot screen at least. The DC port seems fine. I want to rule down to the cpu since from my online research and so on ....

Depends on the HDD problem, I've known both DVD drives and HDDs prevent a computer switching on.

A clicking sound be the HDD is on its way out. This not long happened to my brothers laptop and luckily I had a spare HDD handy on my desk.

Back
Top Bottom