Not open for further replies.

charliejoe

Beta member
Here is my issue:

I turn on my laptop. I see the word:

Toshiba

Then, instantly, I get this:

Password:

I have no password and never set one. I have no idea what happened to this computer and to be honest, I am so fed up with it I no longer care. I want to put a fresh copy of Windows 7 on this machine.

To hell with my data.

I cannot access any sort of boot menu; the F keys to nothing. All I get is:

Password:

What do I do?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

EDIT: Just realized I probably shouldn't have posted that without first asking how this password got applied in the first place. This isn't something that would happen randomly, and I don't want to help someone get around a password on a stolen computer. So explain first, then I will help.

Last edited:
EDIT: Just realized I probably shouldn't have posted that without first asking how this password got applied in the first place. This isn't something that would happen randomly, and I don't want to help someone get around a password on a stolen computer. So explain first, then I will help.
I work part-time at a local school doing contract IT work for them. This laptop was given to me by a member of staff after it had been found in a somewhat neglected classroom cupboard. It would have been in there for at least a year and a half. I pulled it out, turned it on, and here I am.

I have dealt with many computer issues, but never anything quite like this. I do not know if a student did something to it, or if it was tampered with; regardless it isn't working and I would like to get it up and running.

Ultimately, there really is no evidence I can give you to prove that this is indeed the truth, but I give you my word that it is. What that means to you is for you to decide I suppose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all,

Parts of this thread have been hidden.

Even if the OP has ethical reason to do this, the steps to perform is still not something we want to have publicly available.

Keep postin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom