Keyboard problem when booting. [PLEASE HELP!]

Rx2Generside

Baseband Member
Hi guys.

i am having a problem, when booting my keyboard will only work at certain points. for istance i can use it when on the motherboard screen (first screen that comes up) and i can enter the bios and function there fine (although it never used to). but the thing that is bothering me most is that i have 2 operating systems on my computer and i can't choose witch operating system to use. so i have to wait 30 secs for the highlighted option to be chosen (Windows 7) and i have to wait because of the windows did not start normally everytime (30 secs). i have a feeling it could be the motherboard. also the ps2 keyboard slot does not work.

P.s. i built my system.

any help would be much apreciated.

My System.
Windows 7 (main) /XP (secondry)
ABIT KN8-SLI Motherboard.
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800
3GB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO X2 (SLI)
2x 200GB HDD

thanks

-Leif

Sorry for missing this...

I'm assuming that you've tried other keyboards here correct? And I'm also assuming that all the keyboards that you have tried are USB, is that also correct?

yes thats right all keyboards do the same thing, but all work fine after boot. actually i dont think ps2 works at all anymore.

thank you for the reply, im quite desperate to get this sorted

Have you tried other ports on the Motherboard for the keyboards? Possibly the ones in front of the machine?

no i did'nt really think about that tbh. i will try it later. although the fpc has been playing up :S

hi,
ok i tried the fpc USB today and the same thing.

i did used to get a wierd clicking noise when the keyboard was not functional.
it would be very random times.
i am thinking it might be damage to the mobo.

any ideas?

please if anyone has any ideas, i changed the cpu (not regarding this, but because of other reasons) and booted up and when hardware changes it sometime says press f1 to continue or what ever. and i cant use the keyboard because of this problem. so i have very important work things on there. so any help please. im desperate :(

thanks, -Leif

What doesn't make sense is that the keyboard works in the BIOS correct? So it's initializing the keyboard in the BIOS but not during other bootup operations. Do you have the ability to flash the bios and update it?

well it was correct, once apon a time, but now scince i changed my cpu (and i have changed it back) the bios hasn't been working either. so now i am just stuck :/
nope, fraid i cant flash it. cant even get past the second boot up screen.

thanks

-Leif

lol zero, have you changed your profile pic like 10 times in the last 10 minutes? i miss the big "PWNED" :(

time for a change eh? :p

Back
Top Bottom