Internal speakers are not working?!

mrtiddles101

Beta member
Ive had my HP folio 13 Ultra book for a while now. I'm running on Windows 7 Home premium (64)
But a few days ago I found out the sund was not working. And for some reason the sound is working perfectly on my beats headphones
I have 2 Sound devices: IDT High Def CODEC (speakers and Headphones) and Communications headphones (IDT high def CODEC)*
For Example: When you press the sound icon and you test the sound the green sound bar comes up but nothing comes out of the speakers.*
Ive done the following: Trouble shooted, it found nothing , the sound is defiately on and ive tried updating the drive but its the latest. I really do not know why it is playing up.
Alright whats weird is it says it is working properly in the advanced settings?????!!!
Also when i play a song on itunes the green bar will go up and down like usual but the sound does not come out of the damn speakers. To make it more weird when I enable the Communications headphones and test them the sound comes out of the speakers and cuts out (since it is a test).i've phoned a friend of mine and he said that maybe the sound is stuck or locked on the headphones. He also thought that maybe the computer is computer is mixed up or confused with which audio device is what.*For some reason all the skype noises are coming out of the speakers normally?!
all help appreciated

Make sure if there are any volume buttons on the laptop that they are turned up. Sometimes they work independently of the volume icon on the task bar. Also make sure there is nothing muted in iTunes as it may work independently of the icon as well.

My guess is there are just some setting somewhere that need adjusted. I use to have a laptop that would require some tinkering everytime I wanted sound. Without seeing the screens though it's hard to say for sure on troubleshooting it...sorry.

Back
Top Bottom