Installed Suse, Can't find second hard drive.

Shutle

Baseband Member
Hi, I have Windows Xp and I installed the Linux type program called Suse on my slave HD. Now I know as little about Suse as I do rocket science, I have a lot to learn about the interface because I knew little about Windows to start of with. Anyways, my computer boots with Suse and gives me the option to boot in windows. When I do that (boot in Windows) and try to check whats on my slave HD I cant check it when I double click on "My Computer" however when I check device manager Hard drive 1 and 2 are there, I just can't check whats on it.

You can only be in one HDD at a time... So basically if you want to access your files in your secondary HDD, you'll need to boot with Suse, and run them with Suse.. or burn them to a CD and place them back on the Windows HDD.

Regards
-RhysAndrews

I was able to access my second hard drive in Windows by clicking on "my computer" now that I've installed Suse on the second hard drive it cannot be accessed, maybe I would need to format it to regain accessibility through windows but I'm not willing to do that. After all Suse is installed on it.

windows cannot read the linux file systems. You can access your windows partitions (read only) from Suse, but not the other way around.

Can't find second hard drive.

The problem persists, my second hard drive is accessible through hardware devices but not when I click on my computer, this means I can't realy use it. Could it be because its not properly formated?

Back
Top Bottom