I messed up!

saltysteve

Beta member
Hello all!

I did something real stupid today, in device manager I turned something off doing with video and now it starts up with a black screen. How do I get out of this? I tried booting in safe but I still wind up with a black screen. I know it is loading because I can here all the usual sounds only no video. I don't know where to go from here. This all started because I was having some weird probs: Keyboard error,starting in safe mode by itself, plug and play config error etc...I don't miond wiping everything out and starting over, but.......I don't know how to do that with no video. Any help????

that's really wierd that it doesn't come up in safe mode, safe mode uses a generic video driver and not the one actually installed. Wish I could help, but that's really the only thing I could think of doing. Good luck, I would think there has to be some way to get it back.

Do you happen to have another video card laying around that you could borrow for a bit, that should get you back in so you can enable it...

Thanks guys I think I got it. I yanked the video card out and reinstalled it, its working again. I don't know why that worked, probably a coinsidence. Like my post said I'm having more than a few of weird errors. I'm afraid it is about to die on me. I was going to reinstall XP to try and clear up the probs and if that dosen't work than I can assume something else is crapping out on me, after all this thing is 5.5 years old now. To top all this off my external hard drive died while this was going on (all my data). After a few tense hours I determined that I had plugged the wrong powersupply into the external. WHEW!!!!!! What a day! It's rough going through Life stupid! But I manage.

I think you should use an external videocard (usb 2.0 interface) you can find one on ebay or buy.com and plug your monitor into this turn your comp turn on whatever you turned off and reboot ( If this help gimme some credit i dont like bein a noob)

I think you should use an external videocard (usb 2.0 interface) you can find one on ebay or buy.com and plug your monitor into this turn your comp turn on whatever you turned off and reboot ( If this help gimme some credit i dont like bein a noob)

read the post before you, he already got it.

Good job, glad you figured it out dude.

Back
Top Bottom