how to create a exe or iso file

darkmage1991

Solid State Member
i have some files i would like to compress and make it into a exe file or maybe a iso file, but once compressed it takes up about 8gigs of space so i need 2 disks i am to cheap to buy the dual layer disks, anyone know a program or a way to make a exe or iso image file to self extract the files to a place on my computer , but have it ask for the second disk when it needs the rest of the files?

You just want to compress them so you can send them to another computer and extract? If so, I recommend using zip files. http://www.7-zip.org
No, if I've understood correctly the compressed files are too big and he wants a way of prompting to insert the second disk after the first.

However, you can use 7 zip to split the compressed file up into 2 sections, see here for how. It won't prompt you for the next disk, but will prompt you for the next file (you're not going to get something prompting you for another disk unless you look into writing your own installer or similar.)

thank you for the answers, i thought in order to merge the 2 files together in 7-zip the files had to be in the same folder before it will extract them

Back
Top Bottom