How to burn a windows DVD

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
OK, I have a Win7 DVD on my harddrive, but it's in a folder, not compressed as an ISO. My question is how do I make it a bootable disk? I have ImgBurn, and I tried burning it as a bootable disk using the etfsboot.com file as the bootable file, but it won't boot. Any help is greatly appreciated, I just want to install this and get it over with all ready... :(

Do you have a thumb drive big enough to hold all the Win7 installation files? Installing from a thumb drive is easier and faster (providing your PC can boot from a USB drive). Take a look at this. Don't worry about the part where it says to mount the ISO. You can just xcopy the files/folders over like it says in the instructions.

Do you have a thumb drive big enough to hold all the Win7 installation files? Installing from a thumb drive is easier and faster (providing your PC can boot from a USB drive). Take a look at this. Don't worry about the part where it says to mount the ISO. You can just xcopy the files/folders over like it says in the instructions.

No, I just want to burn it on a DVD...

I don't have any flash drives handy at the moment

In that case, try imgburn. Select "Write folders/files to disk" and then under the Advanced tab there is a checkbox for making the disk bootable. Never actually tried it this way, but in theory it should work. Imgburn is free as well, by the way.

In that case, try imgburn. Select "Write folders/files to disk" and then under the Advanced tab there is a checkbox for making the disk bootable. Never actually tried it this way, but in theory it should work. Imgburn is free as well, by the way.

I need to know what file to make the bootable one though. That's the problem here.

Back
Top Bottom