Help, programs wont open?

axemurderer

Beta member
I just did my first computer build and seem to have a problem i think is a vista problem.

If I leave my computer on over night or for an extended period of time I can not open any program. I mean I will try to open internet explorer and nothing will happen, it does that with any program. I can't even restart the computer from vista, I need to manually shut her down since when i click on restart nothing happens. It just wont let me do anything but it's not frozen, i can move the mouse and select things like normal.

Once I reboot though everything is fine till the next time it sits over night.

I did run memtest 86 for 24 hrs and it came up with no errors

What could the problem be?

Try reinstalling your video drivers (use latest version). I've found that some sleep mode/standy issues can resolved this way. Also try running Windows Update to see if video drivers pop up on the list...

Try reinstalling your video drivers (use latest version). I've found that some sleep mode/standy issues can resolved this way. Also try running Windows Update to see if video drivers pop up on the list...

I have no sleep/stand by mode, I have no power saving options enabled at all. I have reinstalled the newest video driver though, see if that helps tomorrow.

It could also be an issue where the computer is getting stuck between sleep/hibernate/stand by/screen saver. Double check that you have turned all these options off. Let us know if your Video Driver fixes the issue. Also SP2 has been released for Vista, so I don't know if that will help (or caused the issue).

Video driver changed nothing, I have double checked and all power saving options are disabled.

I have installed service pack 2 but this has happened before that.

Back
Top Bottom