HDD to SSD Cloning Issue

Alex123

Beta member
Hi all, I am having trouble with an SSD upgrade and hoped someone might be able to help me.

To explain, I recently upgraded my desktop with an SSD (Samsung Evo 840 250GB) and perhaps somewhat naively used the cloning software supplied to copy over the operating system and programs, leaving the files on the HDD.
I was able to go into the BIOS and change the boot order so the computer now runs off of the SSD. For the most part it works, but there are several 'bugs' (which I assume are as a result of cloning) which makes the "upgrade" pointless.

Anyway, I have tried going back into the BIOS to revert the primary boot disk back to the HDD, but I have not been successful. Even with "Safe Boot" (or whatever it is called) disabled, my computer will not run the old HHD as the primary drive. I can change the order using the "legacy" setting, it just doesn't seem to run.
I would like to go back to the original HDD so I can try the cloning process again, unless there is a better option?

At this point I am pretty confused, the HHD worked fine before I changed the boot order??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom