Google Chrome Crashing ?????????

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi, I really want to fix this annoying issue I am having with Chrome ATM.

I start the browser and after about 2 - 4 seconds the whole window is not responsive (see video - Link to Video). then after a few seconds it becomes unstuck and back to normal. The rest of the browsing session is then ok until I close the Chrome process/window.

I have tried clearing the temp files but still no luck.

Any ideas.

Do an export of your bookmarks if you have any to save any data that you might need to keep.

Browse to:
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USERNAME_HERE>\Local Settings\Application Data\Local\Google\Chrome\
On Windows Vista: C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME_HERE>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\

You will need Hidden Folders enabled to find that directory. Otherwise, you can just substitute it into your address bar in Windows Explorer, and then hit Enter.
There should be a folder called "User Data" once you get there. Simply rename it to "User Data2" or something like that, and then start Chrome again. It should generate a new User Data folder for you.

Try that, and see if it helps.

If that does not work then you need to uninstall the browser. Run a registry cleaner. Shut down the machine. Reboot. Then download and install a new version of chrome. Tell me what your outcome is.

Gave all that a go and still its not playing ball. im going to send my previous post to google to let them know about it.

Apparently chrome has been having problems like this for about 2 days now and they are hoping to have an automatic update released to patch the issue within the next few hours.
Hopefully the update will fix the issue for us both and everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom