Gaming Problem

SackamanjaroX

Baseband Member
Sometimes when I'm playing a game on steam (Borderlands 2 or GTA IV) the keys I press are messed up... For example, if I click tab it acts as if I click alt-tab, escape just goes to my desktop, shift to sprint doesn't work, and a whole lot of other absurd things. Also, when I'm at the desktop and I click back to borderlands 2 the title says "Borderlands 2 32-bit DX9" and to me that doesn't seem right because I'm running 64 bit windows and I'm assuming borderlands 2 is running on a more recent DirectX... Keep in mind that this doesn't happen very often, only 3 or 4 times since I started playing GTA IV a couple months ago. After I exit out of the game (not even being able to save because I cant click escape) It still acts really weird when on the desktop and the only solution to fix that I've found is to restart my computer. Any ideas?

You didn't mention what kind of keyboard you owned.

Did you check to see if the keyboard has any memorized macros?

Do you have a number of other Logitech devices plugged into USB ports. If so, disconnect all except the G110, and use another brand of mouse. Some motherboards have developed polling issues with multiple Logitech devices, all polling at the same rate.

If your issues disappear with just the keyboard activated, then that's your problem. That's the only suggestion I can offer right now.

No, the keyboard is the only logitech peripheral I have. And like I said this thing happening doesn't happen that often so I have no way of knowing if it gets fixed for sure.

Sorry, perhaps someone else can help. I am out of ideas. I assume you've tried this G110, on another computer, to insure that it's not a screwed up board?

Sometimes when I'm playing a game on steam (Borderlands 2 or GTA IV) the keys I press are messed up... For example, if I click tab it acts as if I click alt-tab, escape just goes to my desktop, shift to sprint doesn't work, and a whole lot of other absurd things. Also, when I'm at the desktop and I click back to borderlands 2 the title says "Borderlands 2 32-bit DX9" and to me that doesn't seem right because I'm running 64 bit windows and I'm assuming borderlands 2 is running on a more recent DirectX... Keep in mind that this doesn't happen very often, only 3 or 4 times since I started playing GTA IV a couple months ago. After I exit out of the game (not even being able to save because I cant click escape) It still acts really weird when on the desktop and the only solution to fix that I've found is to restart my computer. Any ideas?

If I'm not mistaken, the Borderlands 2 engine runs exclusively on DirectX9, so that's normal. It sounds like the problem could be the keyboard, or it could be with your software, you'll have to isolate the problem further by testing the keyboard on a different machine, or testing a different keyboard on your machine.

I haven't tried the keyboard on another computer (don't have another one) and I also haven't tried my old keyboard to try and replicate the results. It happened again last night and it seems like it's happening more often... Next time it happens I'll switch keyboards and see if the problem caries over. Also, I'm really curious why it only happens when gaming :/

Back
Top Bottom