Flash Vs. GPU clock

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Quick question for my fellow GPU overclockers - does anyone else notice that while on YouTube or another flash-based website that your GPU downclocks? Mine seems to downclock from 1250MHz to 1030MHz while running YouTube videos, even if WoW or similar is running in the foreground on another monitor using 65-70% of the GPU. Weird?

I forgot that i have GPU boost. So it's gonna be hard to replicate because the GPU clock is dynamic.
My 2 GPU's are currently only at 135mhz and they stay there when watch youtube. When opening a game they will increase to 1228.

GPUz still says the same no matter what i do (1099mzh. 1228mhz is it's boost clock). So i can't replicate the issue.
Maybe someone else with an AMD GPU can.

My GPU clock is dynamic in the most basic sense, as in I have Afterburner set to use a profile running the GPU at 1080MHz when no 3D applications are running, and to then set my OC profile (1250MHz, +20% Power limit, +~100mv) when something that needs to render is opened. When it's sitting idle it DCs it's self to 300-350MHz.

The weird thing is, and it's what I was originally getting at but I'm not sure if I really did get at it :)P), that despite WoW running on my main panel, which forces the GPU into OC mode via Afterburner, opening YouTube on another panel forces the clock down to 1030 according to Afterburner and RivaTuner, though GPU-z doesn't pick up that change.

Back
Top Bottom