EasyBCD screw up.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
So...I had "Windows 7" showing up on boot twice but I only had 1 install. Long story about how the other got there but still...no big deal...EasyBCD the wrong one off and be good. I've used it before. No big deal.

Well...long story short, I deleted the wrong "Windows 7" entry. Now the puter won't boot (obviously). I ran the repair disk multiple times which says it's good to go...still won't work. Tried some command line tools, bootrec for one, and they didn't work either. Something that was simple to begin with that I screwed up...something that should have been really easy to fix...has effectively killed my puter for a day.

It says something about "winload.exe missing or corrupt" or something at boot as the reason why it can't boot. What else can I try?

You need to redirect the pointer to the correct downloader. Use a bootable Live disc and see if you can edit the BCD boot menu from there.

You need to redirect the pointer to the correct downloader. Use a bootable Live disc and see if you can edit the BCD boot menu from there.

Pointer to correct downloader? Which OS on live disk?

Sorry...not sure I understand...???

I ended up just reinstalling windows. It was a last resort but I needed my pc back up and running. Thanks for the help! Check out my new thread though. Have a new problem now that I'm not sure how to go about fixing. Thanks!

Oh...and, for the record, make REALLY REALLY REALLY SURE of which mbr you're deleting when you do it! lol

Back
Top Bottom