Dual Booting with Gateway...

Zeffor

Beta member
What I want to do is dual boot Linux with Windows XP Media Center Edition. The problem is XP came pre-installed on the computer. I would have to format the hard drive and then partition it, but I have no XP install disc to install XP again. Where could I get the install disc? I have been searching on torrent sites but haven't found one yet. I am not a big fan of partitioning software either, since they have caused problems for me before. Would I be able to use the recovery disc to "install" XP again?
Thanks.

just use partition magic to create a new partition. no re installing or formatting needed. i know you dont like this kinda software but its easy and works really well. worth a go!

Partition magic isnt without its risks, so if you choose to use it, then make sure you backup, i know plenty people who have had problems, especially when your making your OS partition smaller.

well fiddling about with your partitions using any type of method is risky. thats just life. i still recommend it :) ... backing up would be good you have important data

Back
Top Bottom