double system problem

Sparteh

Solid State Member
Few days ago my computer crashed. When I tried to to turn it on it worked fine untill it started to turn on windows. Then I was getting messege : The folowing file is corrupt: ....../Sytem. To fix it I reinstalled windows (I did it for the first time in my life). No everything is working again, but when I turn on my computer I get to choose which windows to turn on. New or crashed. Is there any way to safely fix that.

Well I tried but still cant figure what to click to remove it :lol:. Also I noticed my computer runs slower than before crash. Since I have all files could that be caused because I have broken and working windows. Also in my C disk (my only disk) I have 2 folders. 1 is "Windows" other is "WinXp". I noticed that they contain indentical files. I think that 1 folder is of my working windows other with broken windows files. Is there any way to know if my theory is true also would removing folder of broken windows would fix problems I have with my computer performance.

Hmmm, never had that problem. I'm stumped, maybe someone else can help. I guess you could edit the MBR/Boot.ini.

I found way to fix it.

Go to program files of windows you want to delete and delete them.
Next go to my computer-properties-andvanced-startup and recovery-system startup-edit and deleted those broken windows our of list

You didn't format the previous drive before installing it at least this way you didn't lose your personal files but for clean and fresh start reasons. I will back up what u want to keep and do a clean install but format your partition before doing so

Back
Top Bottom