Cross installation

pilot072612

Solid State Member
Good morning. I'm sure some of you will find this question trivial but I am a network person and work in a Cisco enviornment and not so much with PC's. My question is this:

I recently built a new computer with a 120gb sdd (C) and two 500gb (D)which I mirrored. I installed Windows 7 64-bit onto the sdd. On initial boot my computer was at the login screen within 5 seconds or so. My initial hopes for this setup was to be able to keep Windows isolated ont the sdd and install all other programs on the D:. Items such as games, network tools, even my regular documents and pictures. However, I recently installed Crysis 3 and set it to install on the D: drive; well I found game files on my C: drive. Is there a way to stop this cross installation or make it so my C: cannot be written to. It is only a 120gb sdd and after three game installations I only have about 40gb left. On top of that my boot time has increased to about a minute. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

In addition to this I am currently in the process of building a full flight simulator and need this computer to run everything as I used to have two computers networked together running the sim. What I want to do is purchase another 500gb hdd to install Microslop (Miscrsoft) Flight Sim X onto...However, Flight Sim X is a virus as no matter what drive you say to install it on it will put itself onto every drive you have connected including external devices. Is there a way to ensure that this program and all the drivers install to the new 500gb hdd only? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Disconnect all the drives and external devices you don't want to install too.

I have already disconnected all external devices along with my server and my 2x interal 500gb that I have mirrored but I cannot disconnect my Solid State as this is where my OS is installed and I am still finding parts of applications installed here even though I am telling the install to put them on the other drive that I want.

Is the installation working ?

I ask because I have my OS on a SSD but all apps on my 2nd Hard Drive, I find using "advanced" or "custom" installation option if it's offered is better then typing in the target at the default screen as this can revert back to default and is often hidden during the install.

Last edited:
I have not tried using the advanced option; however I do not remember this being an option on some of my programs. However, I will unistall and reinstall these programs to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom