Computer freezing 5 minutes into playing a game

mark.aber21

Beta member
Hi there,

I built my PC 2 years ago and has worked absolutely fine, and since I have just returned from a holiday it will not play any games. Everything else works fine on the computer, until you load a game. its loads fine, and then a couple of minutes in the screen and sound freezes without warning. it is not possible to ctrl + alt + del, you have to manually restart the machine. I have just installed the latest driver for my graphics thinking that might have something to do with it. Im not sure whether its a hardware or software problem.

Thanks Mark

It also freezes when a simple memory test is performed, is it possible the RAM or the processor is fried in that case and freezes when the computer has to work hard ie. games?

Mark, welcome to CF!

It is possible that the memory is fried but I would look elsewhere first, i.e. the Graphics card. Do you have another GPU that you can throw in there to test? Or is there onboard video that you can take the GPU out and test with? If that doesn't work, take out one stick of RAM and see if you get the same result.

Back
Top Bottom