Compatible word processing packages

Jason527

Beta member
I have a HP PC with Windows 7 and a Asus tablet with Android. Is there a word processing software that I can use which will be compatible with both. I would prefer to work offline, but if necessary online is cool.

If an online solution will work, take a look at Google Drive (formerly known as Google Docs). It can do word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc... and can be accessed from your Windows 7 PC or Asus tablet.

I'm not aware of any word processing software that runs on both Windows and Android but there are lots of packages out there that can produce files that are read/write compatible with each other. For instance, there is the free Open Source LibreOffice which can run on your Win 7 computer and reads/writes MS Word compatible files. Likewise, on the Android side, there is the free KingSoft office package that can read/write Word compatible files.

You can also search for open office, that's free and linux, windows friendly. I don't think its the office software itself you need to be looking at, more like the file format your saving it as .doc,.docx,.txt etc. Most .doc files work with most office software.just remember to choose "save as" from options and select the correct file type you need

Back
Top Bottom