Censoring video?

V3-571G

Beta member
Hello,

I am looking to upload a new video to my YouTube channel containing cars leaving a local motor show. Some of the vehicles perform very small powerslides as they depart and others do quick burnouts to make a smokey exit.

I'd like to censor the registrations of the cars involved before i upload the video, but i have absolutely no idea how i would go about doing it. Adobe After Effects CS6 is installed on my computer but after looking at the tutorials, it seems way too complicated for me to grasp.

The edited video needs to look highly professional and not a load of rubbish bodged together within ten minutes in Movie Maker.

At the moment i have no experience with After Effects whatsoever; i actually get headaches trying to work out how to use it.

And also, how on earth do i get a 2.10GB video down to less than 500MB for the uploading process?

Any advice solving this problem would be most appreciated! Cheers!

getting a 2.1gb video to take less space then ½gb would require file converting and/or bit rate decreasement.
After Effects can do that just fine.
for the censoring the easiest way would be by manually keyframing a solid black object in front of the license plate.
i have not worked with after effects, only played around with it for a bit, so i don't know how to keyframe a blurry effect.
i just wanted to reply sense i can see no-one else has replied yet.

Back
Top Bottom