Cd Extra or Mixed CD mode?

stardj

Solid State Member
What I want to do is make an audio cd (which uses the .cda format) and also put some other files on the disc for when it is used in a computer such as some pictures and an .exe file as well. I used Nero version 6.6.0.1 and selected CD Extra. The disc burnt fine and under cd info it has session 1 as having the audio content and session 2 as having the data content. When I open the disc in windows explorer the only thing I see is the audio files. If I try making a "mixed mode Cd" the opposite happens, I can see the data files when i open the cd but not the audio files. So how can I view all the files on the CD?

Many Thanks,
Steve.

Thats what should happen in most cases, but load the CD in Windows Media Player or anything that'll play CD Audio files, and the audio CD will be read, as will it on most CD players on the market that can play burnt discs.
.cda tends to be a hidden format.

I hope to make this audio CD, you aren't just throwing MP3 files in there, and converting to an audio CD, as you are losing quality over the original files.

If you want to see them, and read them as you would data, just copy MP3 or similar files there, and write all as a data disc, with no audio data included.

Back
Top Bottom