CCC Vs. Afterburner

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
I've been having problems lately whereby my screen will show me the lines of death if I let the PC idle for too long on flash-loaded pages using hardware acceleration (e.g. Facebook or Youtube). And for the first time today it did it while i was gaming (old game, Max Payne, GPU basically idling).

After pondering for a while I remembered that AMD CCC has stuff like Overdrive and fan control and other such stuff built in, but I do all that with Afterburner - so it got me thinking I wonder if the problems I'm getting is some kind of cross-foul-play between MSI Afterburner and CCC...

Used to old trick of clearing out GPU drivers using DDU and stopping the AMD installer once it extracted the files - then pointed devmgmt to find the AMD driver in the extract location. So now I've got my GPU drivered without CCC being installed.

Have I gone insane or does this sound like it might actually fix it? :lol:

Hi! I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke don't fix it"
I do believe that there are certain drivers that you should keep updated however; especially these four, and definitely if your having problems as you were having. I'm betting you solved your problem. Good for you!! Anyone with a different thought??
Here's 4 drivers to keep updated IMHO! The best place to get drivers is from your manufacture.
1.Video Card
2.Motherboard Chipset
3.Sound card
4.Network Card

Back
Top Bottom