bios update

muzza

Baseband Member
ok i want to update my bios m2n-sli deluxe i have tried many web sites and cant find what im looking for can any1 help me with this 1??

thanks

for some reason my asus updater doesnt work... of when im playin a game the sound will stuff up and sound all weird will this have any thing to do with the bios. i just want to narrow down the problem and make sure it is the bios before i do anything else

yer but even if i needed to update sound driver surly that wouldn't have any thing to do with the freezing/ restarting

You didn't mention freezing / restarting in your previous posts so I never took it into account, you started with bios then went to sound, lol

Have you done all the usual virus / malware / spyware scans?

Have you run Memtest86+ ?

It may be the board, have you checked it for leaking/bulging caps?

Basically you're saying that the pc isn't stable, yes? Trouble shoot from the beginning, reset it to stock if it is overclocked and test your components.

What are your temps like? Have you checked your fans etc for dust buildup?

ok sorry about that iv got mixed up with the other forums i have posted. well its been freezing/ restarting every time i watch a video or play a game so i thaught it could be my bios needs updating.. the weird thing is i have just tried updating my mobo i downloaded the xp 64bit and it says " setup has detected that the os in use is not windows xp x64 edition' which my computer is thou

AMD Athlon(tm) x64 x2 dual core 5200+

oh and all temps are fine, cleaned and rebuilt whole computer, mem test came back fine, no viruses "altou i did have a pretty bad virus before but i had to reformat windows"

Mate, when you look at the d/loads it is not for 64bit capable cpu's it is for a 64bit operating system as in XP x64 or Vista x64.

The fact that it is graphics intensive apps that cause the freezing / crashing and that you state your temps are OK and memtest returned no errors leads me to suspect your video adapter, do you have a graphics card or is it onboard?

Have you tested your psu with a multimeter to ensure it is delivering enough voltage? Even a quick check with a software programme will give an indication.

ok thanks, how do i foind out if my xp is 32 or 64 bit? yer iv got a graphics card its not onboard its a nvidia geforce 7950gt (512). also i play juiced and i dont think the graphics card is really performing like it should it has little glitches every now and then.
thanks.

i have just tried updating my mobo i downloaded the xp 64bit and it says " setup has detected that the os in use is not windows xp x64 edition"
That's pretty conclusive that your os is XP x86 (32bit) wouldn't you say ??? :rolleyes:

Remove any graphics card overclocks and run 3DMark05 to see if it shows artifacts, it sounds as if your card may be overheating, when you said your temps are OK did that include the graphics card? Other than that it may be on the way out.

Have you checked that the graphics card heatsink isn't full of dust?

You'll need to remove the shroud to be sure and if it were me I'd remove the cooler and replace the thermal compound while I was in there.

If the video card memory is on the way out there's nothing you can do except RMA it (if it is still under or has lifetime warranty)

Back
Top Bottom