BIOS problems

kaan921

Beta member
After I flashed BIOS with WinDPtool that was in the BIOS folder, I restarted the computer, then I got this error: CMOS Checksum bad - Press f1 to run setup.

I bought new CMOS Batteries to my computer and replaced it with the old one, but it doesnt seem to work. The BIOS wont save when I edit in bios either.. I have tried load all to default settings, didnt work.. so, my question is kinda gently; how do i fix it? :)

i set the correct time and date, and that is saving.. not the other options in bios :(

i got an acer veriton m670g computer and installed the p03 bios, and the p04 is the latest.. i cant boot from cd due to bios is doesn't let me first boot thingie

After I flashed BIOS with WinDPtool that was in the BIOS folder, I restarted the computer, then I got this error: CMOS Checksum bad - Press f1 to run setup.

I bought new CMOS Batteries to my computer and replaced it with the old one, but it doesnt seem to work. The BIOS wont save when I edit in bios either.. I have tried load all to default settings, didnt work.. so, my question is kinda gently; how do i fix it? :)

i set the correct time and date, and that is saving.. not the other options in bios :(

i got an acer veriton m670g computer and installed the p03 bios, and the p04 is the latest.. i cant boot from cd due to bios is doesn't let me first boot thingie

Most likely the updated bios settings is corrupted, retry to update your bios and follow the manufacturers instructions.
If it fails again then reload your original bios back on as your motherboard probably won't support the updated version.

How do i update the bios without getting access to my computer? My manufacturer doesnt help s lot in their readmes. I got an Acer Veriton M670G.

I can pay like 20-30 usd for the guy who resolve my problem:)

You may have downloaded the wrong BIOS. Go to the following page and select the operating system you are using first. Then pick the latest BIOS. Try putting it on a FAT32 formatted USB drive and a CD and see if it will work from one or the other.

I get three folders in the bios zip I download from the manufacturers website. Windptool and ROM. Do i need to put all these folders in the usb stick/cd? Or only the rom? And how do i flash it from the bios? I can't find any flash thingies kn my bios..

Go back to your mobo makers site and find the instructions on how to flash the BIOS and which BIOS flashing utility to use.

Back
Top Bottom