Avast Causing Problems instead of solutions ?!?!

Power.of.G

Beta member
Hey guys,

I've used avast free edition before (4.8 Home edition) and loved it...alot of people on the web seem to favour it as well.
However last night I installed the new free 5.0 Home edition on my girlfriends Windows Vista laptop and it seems like right after I did that all her browsers quit functioning properly. The network icon on the bottom right of the screen says everything is fine, and she goes onto msn messenger fine still.....however when ever she opens any browser (google chrome or internet explorer) she gets a "cannot display the webpage" message....same story for every site !

Avast did a full system scan and found no viruses btw.
What could my problem be here?

Un-install and re-install version 4.8. It it wasn't broke why fix it?

I've seen a similar case with Esat on my mates laptop. I actually don't think it was anything with the AV software but with Vista.

well it wasn't my computer, I still have Avast 4.8 on MY vista laptop but when I was getting it for my girlfriends computer I figured I might as well get the newest one.

I'll try that thanks

well it wasn't my computer, I still have Avast 4.8 on MY vista laptop but when I was getting it for my girlfriends computer I figured I might as well get the newest one.

I'll try that thanks

No worries. I use Avast too and didn't even know they had V5 out. I'm tempted to try it...

EDIT:

Been over to the forums at Avast! and it seems that V5 has many bugs. Peeps are reverting back to V4.8.

Back
Top Bottom