Any new PC's and OS coming out soon

updated gadgets

Beta member
I own a DELL 8100, P4 1.3 ghz
I am curious to find out what would be the latest OP system being offered the next few months. I am a big Dell fan but there customer service sucks. IT department. Anyhow, please advise me as to whats in store......

Ms. Computer Queen :p

Well Windows Longhorn is being devolped and i guess Windows Server 2003 is probably the latest OS, Im not sure. New computers come out all the time fool! :p

windows longhorn looks cool, but it has really big minimum system requirments.:( So I probably will stick with XP for a while myself. :)

Longhorn is coming out early 2006.

It is BRILLIANT! Even the bloody Alpha build is brilliant! As far as I know, it needs 64-bit, 512 MB RAM and about 5GB for Windows itself.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Longhorn is coming out early 2006.

It is BRILLIANT! Even the bloody Alpha build is brilliant! As far as I know, it needs 64-bit, 512 MB RAM and about 5GB for Windows itself.
only 512 mb of ram? well, that's not soo bad. I had heard that it was way more than that. Of course, if that is the minimum requriments... it will probably still be really slooow.

Yeah, I'll imagine it'll need at least 1GB - I plan on Upgrading to 2GB when I get my filthy mits on a Beta Build version. Cross Fingers should be able to afford a nice new computer by the time its out fully.

I dont knwo how longhorn will work on a dell.... heard there were lots of problems with getting sound and networking working.... also cd-dvd burning.... you can try it but it dont work with dell intergrated audio and also the embedded NICs on the motherboards.

Yeah; it will. Its not even a Beta 1 yet so you can't expect much from it at all. By the time its in Beta 2 and full release it will be compatable with absolutly everything. Even and especially Blue Lasor DVD Writers; which are supertastic.

Its also going to be completely backward compatable - which was a problem on XP - and it'll run anything from Office Longhorn to all your favourite crappy MSDOS Games.

well I pushed it!!\
ran it on VPC2004 with only 150 megs or ram allocated to it since i only have 256!!! I got it work at an acceptable speed even.. disabling the sidebar. and other stuff

even ran photoshop on the guest os and the host!! to get screenshots!

now thats pushing it!

Back
Top Bottom