Activation

lhuser

Golden Master
OK, I'm about to do something the most stupid in my life. I am going to romove he WPAevents in the registry, since my CD key is already used (2 times :)). If I remove this and msoobe.exe /a, will the activation will be off or will Windows not boot?

If it was that easy everybody would remove them. Most likly it will eithere not boot and totally screw up windows.

when you say used 2 times do you mean on two different computers or the key has bin used twice? your alllowed to use XP on two different computers and you can use the key 6 times before you have to phone in to get it reactivated, so i don't see why you have to do this.

I tried to set the OOBE Timer to zero to force reactivation. What I finally had to do was, take the HD out and hook it to another win xp box. then I had to load the hive...i think it is in HKLM \ SOFTWARE Once loaded I gave the loaded branch or hive the name of test then i navigated to WPAEVENTS\OOBE TIMER, reset it all to zeros, unloaded the reg hive, to the HD and installed it back in the XP box, and win asked to be activated.

k ive lost count how many times ive called microsoft lol ive reinstalled my os at least 45 times since i bought it in 2001-02 ish. I know what those guys in pakistan are gonna say before their even gonna say it. I hvae no trouble lol, whenever i run out of activations pick up that phone and answer the questions get all the numbers then BAM i'm rdy to run windows :)

Back
Top Bottom