typing problem

jetsmell

In Runtime
When I type in a web cam site, nothing shows, I can get a smily face on the screen, that's all. My customers can type, and I see thier messages.

That's a little bland. Have you tried your problem in other browser's too? IE: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Google chrome, etc.

When I'm in the web cam chat room, when I type, nothing shows in the box, when I click on enter , my message doesn't go out. I can click on a smilies face, that works. The messages I get from people, I can read. I use Mozilla Firefox. I have cleaned the cookies and cache. I have no trouble typing on a site like this one, just the web cam co.:) :)

In Firefox, make sure you've enabled/accepted ActiveX controls for that specific website. A lot of Webcam chat rooms use Flash, make sure your Flash Player is set to allow key strokes.

Also, what Operating System are you using?

I'm using XP.

Where do I look for the active x controls. Where do I check the flash player? I have Firefox.

It will prompt you when you load the page if it has any.

Right click somewhere in the Webcam, if you see it talk about Flash or anything related to it, it's using Flash.

Try updating your flash too, via Adobe or Shockwave, if it still exists.

Back
Top Bottom