MSN announces Yahoo integration in MSN Messenger 8.0

ashish

Baseband Member
Hey all,

Yes, its finally gonna happen, MSN has announced that its new messenger program to be released in the first qurter of 2006 will allow users to talk to people who use Yahoo messenger.

some other features that might be included in the next version could be (Got this from the article that i was reading):

Change of Messenger Skins
• Real-time Emotions
• Messenger Built Internal Windows Media Player 10
• Pause/Resumed File Transfers (File Blocked Extension Applied)
• Detailed File Transfer (Download/Upload Speed)
• Animated Display Pictures (.gif .jpg .png (File Support under Consideration))
• Mood Status
• Faster Contact List Loading and scrolling
• Public Profile and MSN Spaces Combined
• More MSN Space features
• New Hotmail and MSN Messenger Integration
• Downloadable MSN Messenger on Mobile
• News Updates according to Location
• Top 10 MSN Music Radio
• New Stylish Notifier Pop-up
• Downloadable Skins for MSN (Contact Window & Conversation Window)
• Complete Integration with Windows XP® & Windows Vista® Codename: Longhorn®
• Offline Voice/Message Machine
• Animated Buddy Icon Helper
• Display Picture Ratings

also there were invitations to be a beta-tester for this, however there are none left anymore.

ya that is a good idea. but i use aim. there should be a program that will let you take ur ICQ, AIM, Yahoo!, or MSN s/n and talk to any other ICQ, AIM, Yahoo!, or MSN person ya know? like on this forum alot of people are msn messenger, and instead of having like 5 s/n's for all of the programs, just one program for all of them. and dont say trintion or w/e that program is with all three cuz u need 3 s/n's for it i think.

Yeah, trillian does that, but you just have to have a screen name for each different im'ing program. But hey, it works...

Should'nt this be in 'Communications / AIM BlueShadowz '?

Anyways yeah that looks good, but has'nt MSN just starting to get 7.5 (or something) out just now... MSN always seem to rush things i think, i mean they are giving a date as you said 2006 for 8.0..seems werid but yeah..

What do you expect its MSN.. :rolleyes:
Hopefully they have improved much much better with yet 'another' version.

geek_gal said:
Should'nt this be in 'Communications / AIM BlueShadowz '?

I think so. Moved.

Anyway, MSN promises so many features in leaked betas etc, but few of them make it into the finished product. For example, we were promised proper, custom animated display pics for 7.0, it half-worked in the Beta, but we're at 7.5 and that still hasn't appeared, apart from those naff Flash animations some people put in somehow.

That does look like a big list of features, but will all of them appear? We'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom