Aim problem

yamahaboy

Solid State Member
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. i have a new verison of aim and the connection doesnt work for crap. i have comcast cable. surfing the internet works fine and everything els i do on my computer is fine. i had ad-aware 6.0 and have norton anti-virus. here is my problem on aim i can be talking and evertything will be fine for awhile and outta know where i dont get the other persons message. i click "get info" and it just says "please wait...." and it looks like i can still talk to them and my messages still show up on the screen but they dont get them and i dont get what they send. i have to sign off aim and then sign back on and it works fine for another small time period and them happens again. it mostly happens when im on the internet. i used to have internt explorer and now i have maxthon and it seems to be a LITTLE better but nothing great. i have tried to uninstall aim and then reinstall and it and nothing. i have tired earlier versions and nothing. this is really annoying and i need help! thanks,
Eric

maybe aim is uhhh? crappy? cause it comes from aol? :) that's my theory... we should all migrate to yahoo!

none of my friends using aim seem to have this problem...i mean this is happening every 15 mins...its hard to have a convo

thanks for all the help. i just downloaded the older version. ill let you know how it works

Whenever I exit AIM from the system Tray it exits and then a minute later it says AIM doesnt respond and asks to close or debug and it happens w/ one of my friends computer but not the other the only thing our computers have in common is we are both running ZoneAlarm Antivirus Security Suite v5.5.062.004

ok guess whats happening now :(. when i put my away message up and i click "im back" it always says "not responding" this is really annoying me!!! at least im not the only one with aim problems.
eric

you guys can go download trillian, its not the greatest thing to ever happen, but i havent had a problem with it yet.

Back
Top Bottom