youtube email change i didn't approve

quinton

Baseband Member
i have 2 gmail email accounts, 1 purely for friends and one for youtube and similar.

i like having a dedicated email for friends so i know if i get an email it is from a buddy

last night i got an email notification to my friends only account and it was from youtube: they had somehow acquired my friends only gmail account and replaced the email account i had set up the youtube account with. i can't even change it back ffs.

does anyone know how/why this happened?

thanks

Can you still log on to your youtube account? I would change my password with the quickness.

thanks for replying tommy

i did change my password but i think it's just google/youtube messing with me

i can't change my youtube email now (says it is primary email and cannot be changed, even though they changed it with out asking me. the wrong email address is now "linked" to my youtube and cannot be changed.

any suggestions for a non-gmail email? i've tried about 20 today but they are all pretty much unusable

thanks for replying tommy

i did change my password but i think it's just google/youtube messing with me

i can't change my youtube email now (says it is primary email and cannot be changed, even though they changed it with out asking me. the wrong email address is now "linked" to my youtube and cannot be changed.

any suggestions for a non-gmail email? i've tried about 20 today but they are all pretty much unusable
Well, I would shoot them an email then explaining the situation.

Well, I would shoot them an email then explaining the situation.

first thing i thought of but i can't see a "contact us" link anywhere on youtube

just desperate to find a usable email service that isn't gmail now

Back
Top Bottom