You own a car? Care to share?

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Well, here goes; it is a Mercedes W124 300e I6 12v 188hp engine MY 1992 with +360,000 kilometers (+225,000 miles) on the clock.

24102012561.jpg

24102012532.jpg

24102012511.jpg

24102012543.jpg

24102012540.jpg

24102012538.jpg

24102012522.jpg

Gotta be extremely careful with this car as it has become difficult to find a good w124 here in Saudi Arabia in good condition, and if any were found, it would be really expensive. Not to mention the regulation that forbids importing cars 5 years older than the current year model. Well at least spare parts and maintenance are cheap
rolleyes.gif

Seilavi Compadres :cool:

I really like that era of Mercedes, (I guess it's because I was young then and they were dream cars, that's how I'd ended up with a 205 before my current car, it was basically a bunch of straight lines, there were no real curves or style to it, but I thought it looked great, probably because 10 year old me was watching it winning group B rally races!) these mercs are really old now, but I can't get away from them appearing to be some really nice looking cars!

My vehicles are as follows (stock photos as I'm at work and really can't be bothered to go lifting sheets to get photos after it's dark when I get in).

I'll just post links to standard google search results.

Main car,
2 Litre Turbo diesel Peugeot 206.
(2002)
It's only got 90BHP, but, it's a small car, so it doesn't need a lot, I'm considering getting it re-mapped, but need to work out the pros and cons first. more power vs. more insurance cost.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...uICABQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1303&bih=664&dpr=1

when you look at dash board pictures,I have standard black clocks, not the white ones, but have the automatic climate control, auto lighting, auto wipers etc version.
I've also changed the standard seats for some from a sports trim 206cc (only changed the front ones).

project
then I have a car called a standard 10
(1956)

this car is older than my dad, and is still a work in progress and restoration.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1...&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1303&bih=664&dpr=1

now onto bikes...

additionally I have a 1992 Kawasakki 250 zzr (otherwise known as the baby ninja) except instead of in the standard ninja body it's the fully faired ZZR version.

This bike is midway through an engine rebuild... :(

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1...zoGYAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1303&bih=664&dpr=1

then I have a 2010 Zongshen GS 250
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=z...qoGIAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1303&bih=664&dpr=1

it's a bit of a rubbish bike, but the fuel economy is immense, (getting up to somewhere near to 90MPG.)
i've seen treacle moving faster than this bike, but, it's so small, that it's fun to drive, it can take tight corners better than my final bike.

a 1990 Suzuki 750 GSX-R
which is my most favourite bike, because it's from an era when the GSXR wasn't just a sticker applied to the sports model, it's literally a bike that could have been a racer except they put lights on it. There are people who took the lights back off and went racing with these bikes and placed with the factory teams, which would probably be impossible today...
the specific version I have is the one called the slingshot.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1...=664&dpr=1#q=1990+GSXR+750+slingshot&tbm=isch

(it's a black and grey one with red wheels so not actually like any of those pictures.)

Unfortunately I don't own a car yet as I don't have my licence but I hope to soon..

Nice Root, I like those Peugeot's, Nice car they are.

My uncle has one of the old Ford Mustangs
images

Last edited:
My car's transmission just broken 1 month ago. so i sold it.
i have my motorcycle instead and this winter i am taking the train to work.

Well, here goes; it is a Mercedes W124 300e I6 12v 188hp engine MY 1992 with +360,000 kilometers (+225,000 miles) on the clock.

24102012561.jpg

24102012532.jpg

24102012511.jpg

24102012543.jpg

24102012540.jpg

24102012538.jpg

24102012522.jpg

Gotta be extremely careful with this car as it has become difficult to find a good w124 here in Saudi Arabia in good condition, and if any were found, it would be really expensive. Not to mention the regulation that forbids importing cars 5 years older than the current year model. Well at least spare parts and maintenance are cheap
rolleyes.gif

Seilavi Compadres :cool:
Wow, it is really hard to find a 92 in that amazing condition around these parts.. Really nice :)

I really like that era of Mercedes, (I guess it's because I was young then and they were dream cars, that's how I'd ended up with a 205 before my current car, it was basically a bunch of straight lines, there were no real curves or style to it, but I thought it looked great, probably because 10 year old me was watching it winning group B rally races!) these mercs are really old now, but I can't get away from them appearing to be some really nice looking cars!

The rest is removed for readers' convenience...
Apologies, Root.

I personally consider it the golden age of Mercedes. Up to 95 for E Class and up to 91 for S Class, in terms of reliability and comparison to other cars. They even had their almost timeless looks for a long time. S Class 92-99 were great as well, but not as reliable as the previous generation.

I see that you have a taste for small cars. I drive highways daily so I need at least mid-size sedans. My preferences however go to full-size big sedans like the S Class and Panther platforms like Crown Victoria. Couldn't get an S class as they are expensive and harder to find in good condition.

This Merc was actually a project car bought over the Crown Victoria 2009 I own (Yup, they continued until 2012 here in the Gulf Countries) but when I tried it, I couldn't believe how clean and dreamy it was.

I'm not into motorbikes. Very expensive and scarce here, plus it's all highways and semi-highways here and I take them almost daily. I mean the the highways.

Unfortunately I don't own a car yet as I don't have my licence but I hope to soon..

Nice Root, I like those Peugeot's, Nice car they are.

My uncle has one of the old Ford Mustangs
images

Age?

Hurry up, with a car you can go and buy all computer hardware you want anytime :D

But remember, with cars comes great responsibilities :cool:

That Mustang is super awesome btw. I found some convertible Mercs (my kinda car) but the price was high and the maintenance here is expensive.

My car's transmission just broken 1 month ago. so i sold it.
i have my motorcycle instead and this winter i am taking the train to work.

Man, this sucks. Not the transmission.

Public transportation here is so bad that I've never used it in my life. A railway is under construction connecting the 2 cities I travel between. Dunno when it is going to finish.

Bikes are probably good to have in a weather like that of Denmark. I heard it is really nice. Here? Don't wanna talk about it. I'll just ruin your day.

Wow, it is really hard to find a 92 in that amazing condition around these parts.. Really nice :)

Thanks.

I heard W124's, like the subject car, is sought after in the States. Where I live spare parts are available for really good prices. It is really easy to maintain. Relatively I mean.

No cars for me. I'm more of a bike person. The whole concept of having to use such a giant machine for one person to get around always seemed kinda bizarre to me. I have become a bit lazy lately and put an electric motor on one of my bikes, but that's more so I can maintain a higher speed and not piss off too many car people.

Motorbikes all the way for me. girlfriend and I have a car to, but its just a Ford Fiesta as she does alot of inner city driving.

bikeca.jpg

My wife's suv and my truck. (Stock photos but the right year/make/model/color)

Attachments

• 2008_pontiac_torrent_gxp_98791011145197641.jpg
    2008_pontiac_torrent_gxp_98791011145197641.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2007-Dodge-Dakota-4x4-rear-view.jpg
    2007-Dodge-Dakota-4x4-rear-view.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
No cars for me. I'm more of a bike person. The whole concept of having to use such a giant machine for one person to get around always seemed kinda bizarre to me. I have become a bit lazy lately and put an electric motor on one of my bikes, but that's more so I can maintain a higher speed and not piss off too many car people.

Circumstances decide, I always say.

I always wanted a coupe, and it's much cheaper here due to lack of demand, lighter, smaller, has more grip and saves gas much better. I took the sedan just to hold up with the family. This includes going to schools for the younger 2 sisters everyday. Smaller cars won't be comfortable for them.

One more reason that encourages people to buy cars here is the very low prices of gas. Cheaper than water. Not to mention diesel OMG!

Motorbikes all the way for me. girlfriend and I have a car to, but its just a Ford Fiesta as she does alot of inner city driving.

bikeca.jpg

Way cool. I only see such bikes on video games. Really nice.

The Fiesta (don't know it btw, googled it) is good to cruise in city. Easier to park and control.

My wife's suv and my truck. (Stock photos but the right year/make/model/color)

I heard moving to SUV's is one of the reason large sedans disappear little by little. Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis are gone now.

Judging by the badge, I think it is Dodge (Hey, this kinda rhymes). Looked like F150 to me first.

Back
Top Bottom