Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

winslow33

Daemon Poster
What really grinds your gears?

For me, its gotta be when I order something at a drive-through and i dont realize they got the order wrong until i pulled out. :mad: happened to me tonight.....

Family guy inspired me to get this thread going lol
what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

Since you listed fast food, and there's a fat guy on the picture, I'll share something similar. I hate when friends recommend something off the menu, and it really does look good, but when you eat it, it's horrible. I know it's more or less my own fault for ordering it, but it always seems to happen with me. I'll find good foods when no one suggests something, but when they do it's like, this thing is horrible.

Finding things growing in your liquid cooling loop because you forgot to put biocide in when filling it.

i HATE when people ride my bumper on interstates when im already going 75mph+ an then they pass me, an then they cant go any farther because theres so many cars up front.

UGH

When people yell at me for stupid crap... crap not worth even arguing or yelling at about. Aka.. the No common sense people...

when people talk about tolerance without being tolerant to others.

when people genuinely consider themselves above others -I've been listening to a series of pod cast on philosophy recently, and the lecturer keeps telling the students things and then following it with the words, "when I've taught you how to do this you'll understand", or "you can't understand this, but I can because I'm a philosopher"... FFS this is a pod cast of a university lecture, I've never studied philosophy in my life yet I understand the concepts. she's telling a bunch of students that have studied philosophy before that they can't think for shit about what seems like pretty simple concepts.

what really grinds my gears most of all though is people who can't write a bloody word properly,
especially on the internet, honestly, when I sign up to a forum to get some help I make my posts as clear, concise, and readable as possible, I try to put as much information in as I can, (I have problem A I have tried X, y and Z etc)... it really grinds my gears when people leave half a message with no detail that looks like it was written on a cell phone. and expect you to help them...

what really grinds my gears most of all though is people who can't write a bloody word properly,
especially on the internet, honestly, when I sign up to a forum to get some help I make my posts as clear, concise, and readable as possible, I try to put as much information in as I can, (I have problem A I have tried X, y and Z etc)... it really grinds my gears when people leave half a message with no detail that looks like it was written on a cell phone. and expect you to help them...

Thank you!!!!

I have read so many posts, on here and other forums, that were made entirely out of spelling errors.

The only thing that bothers me more is when these people believe they are smarter than everybody else, and end up resorting to name-calling when people try to explain that they are wrong, or when they ask for clarification as to what the post meant.

One more: The people who believe typing in all caps makes up for their lack of common sense and/or ability to reason above a third grade level.

Back
Top Bottom