Yes!!

CompMan

Fully Optimized
I just wanted to say that I got the Playstation 3. It is awesome, the graphics are unbelievable. It is worth the $600 also. I am playing it on a 42" Samsung plasma with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround, OMG its so awesome. I have Resistance: Call of Man. The only downside of it is that the games are $60. Just letting you guys know it is def. worth it.

It's Resistance: The Fall of Man.

Also, it's worth it to YOU because YOU have the money, Mr. I upgrade-everytime-new hardware-comes-out. :rolleyes: For the average consumer like most of us here, no it's actually not worth it. The PS3 launch lineup is crap. Resistance is the only good game they have. All the other games are on the Xbox 360 and some even look better on the Xbox 360. I'll wait until Metal Gear Solid 4 and some other games come out before the $600 price tag can justify itself.

Then again, most of the PS3's games are coming to the Xbox 360 anyways. Armored Core 4 and Virtua Fighter 5 are no longer PS3 exclusives. Metal Gear Solid 4 was rumored to be on the Xbox 360, but Konami has announced it'll remain PS3 exclusive for now. Don't count on it...Metal Gear Solid 3 was eventually ported over to the Xbox and same for the Grand Theft Auto series. Konami can't justify spending so much money on one console that hasn't even sold 1 million units, so I bet it'll come to the Xbox 360, even if it's after the PS3 release.

Heh, I'll add this for the hell of it. :p

media.jpg

To be honest, if I had to choose between the PS3 and Wii, I would choose the Wii hands down. Why? Fun, innovative, cheap and kickass games. Just The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess alone is a good enough game to justify a Wii purchase. Can Resistance do the same with the PS3? Nope.

Id love a PS3 I played one at Best buy yesterday ti was okay i guess,I still like the X-Box 360 better!I love the graphics on both systems as well especially on a HD TV

haha!

I have a 360 and am perfectly satisfied, i have no interest in spending $600...

CompMan said:
I just wanted to say that I got the Playstation 3. It is awesome, the graphics are unbelievable. It is worth the $600 also. I am playing it on a 42" Samsung plasma with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround, OMG its so awesome. I have Resistance: Call of Man. The only downside of it is that the games are $60. Just letting you guys know it is def. worth it.

Stop moaning. In the UK (when the stupid thing comes out), it'll be £425.

£425 = $850 US.

Games for the XBox 360 are usually £49.99 ~ $100 US. Probably true for the PS3 as well.

So you think you're getting ripped off?

did you guys here that ken kutaragi was moved away from the video game department?

Personally, hehe, the PS3/Xbox 360 war will be fun to watch. I have a 360, and I really want to see the launch down here of the PS3.
Mainly due to the fact of the hype thats surrounded it, I know it'll be just as hectic as the Wii, yet, due to price, who knows?

Games so far look identical on both consoles, making the price unimaginable for most people. Especially since, HD-DVD is still to take off here, making Blu-Ray not even worth it yet.

I'm glad about all the exclusives pouring onto both.
One thing that will be a bit freaky though, is Metal Gear Solid, with that robot creature being powered by a Cell processor if it ever came to the 360...

I do want to see the PS3 pour out some good products though. I'm not a fan guy.
I actually want the PS3 to bring out KillZone 2 in the quality they promised possible in E3 (even though it was a pre-rendered movie at the time)

It'll drive prices down for one thing if theres more of a war going on!

Plus, I'd never buy a game for the £49.99 they are asking here, and even £54.99 on Xbox 360 games. Never!
I want Gears Of War, but will not buy it unless it drops to games that have been out longer. Preferably £29.99.
Thats when I'd go for it.

Back
Top Bottom