XP Disclaimer

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
Disclaimer: Qualifying proof of purchase must be recent receipts showing the purchase of a mother board, hard drive, RAM and a CPU. The components can be on multiple receipts; not necessarily all on one receipt nor on the same receipt as the qualifying Windows XP/Office 2003 that you purchased.

What does this mean? Do I have to have receipts for my parts to buy the OEM disk or what?

where did you get that from?
sounds like if you want to reactivate by phone to me. usually when you change 3 or more bits of hardware you need to reactivate, which can cause problems

Its from newegg. If you browse through Windows OS disks, the OEM has this disclaimer.

Well as said above, if you change certain components of your computer, Windows requires you to reactivate them. This is to keep someone from installing winodws on a hdd, then just ripping it out and giving it to his friend when he wants to use Windows.

He wants to buy the OEM disk. No, you just have to have a "critical part" in your cart when you check out.

I don't believe so. Could be wrong though.
That's what OEM means, it's to be sold with a machine technically. But you can order them with a critical part.

I dunno, I made it completely through check out at Newegg with having to add anything else to the purchase of XP Home OEM.

Back
Top Bottom